Lodge History

WINTER GARDEN LODGE HISTORY

In 1896 the 13th Masonic District consisted of the following:
Orange Lodge No. 36 (January 14th, 1856),
Sanford Lodge No. 62 (February 15th, 1872),
Orlando Lodge No. 69 (January 13, 1876),
Orange Blossom Lodge No. 80 (January 22, 1885),
Acacia Lodge No. 96 (defunct?),
Doric Lodge No. 102 (defunct?),
and Composite Lodge No. 109 (defunct?)

As the area began to be settled and population increased, the Brethren began to create other Lodges in Central Florida. Among the Lodges created were:
Mellonville (now Sanford) No. 62 (February 15, 1872),
Orlando No. 69 (January 13, 1876),
Fort Mason (now Umatilla) No. 65 (February 13, 1876),
Acacia No. 93 in Zellwood (defunct?) and
South Apopka (now Winter Garden) No. 165 (January 16, 1907).
The Winter Garden Masonic Lodge #165 F.&A.M. was chartered on January 16, 1907, as South Apopka Lodge #165,

then changed it’s name to Winter Garden Lodge No. 165 on April 17, 1963.

It’s current building was built in 1951-52.

lodge

image2